YogaDork Ed: For the edification of yoga practitioners, teachers and yogi dabblers!
Jill is a yoga and fitness therapy expert with more than 25 years expertise in the moving arts of Yoga, Modern Dance, Pilates, Bodywork and Shiatsu. Her format, Yoga Tune Up®, playfully integrates the nuts and bolts of human movement with profound yogic philosophy. This innovative therapeutic approach has been recognized by top Physical Therapists, Pain Medicine Doctors and Rehabilitative Specialists internationally. Jill and her products have been featured in Self, Prevention, Redbook, Yoga Journal, Women’s Running, on ABC TV, FOX TV and the Today Show; the LA Times calls her “kinetically arresting.” She is a “Contributing Expert” at Gaiam.com, with critically acclaimed DVDs that include the Yoga Tune Up® Quickfix Rx series, Yoga Tune Up® At Home Program, the Pranamaya produced Yoga Link series, and Gaiam’s Yoga for Weight Loss. Jill grew up off the grid in Santa Fe, NM where she fell in love with clean air, singing to her dogs and reading anatomy books for entertainment. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two rescue mutts, trading the clean air of Santa Fe for endless access to ocean loving sunsets.
- Jill Miller Tips On Dynamic Stretching for Shoulders
- YogaDork Q&A: Jill Miller on Inspiration, Jonah Hill and Two Books She Can’t Live Without
- YogaDork Ed: Abdominal Breathing – Your Immediate “How To” for Stress Relief
- Go Upside Down to Lighten Up – Stress Less with Inversion Therapy
Carrie Owerko, Senior Iyengar teacher:
Carrie has been practicing yoga for many years and is a core faculty member of the Iyengar Yoga Institute of NY. She holds an Intermediate Senior One teaching credential and serves as an assessor for the Iyengar National Association. She travels regularly to India to study with the Iyengar family and has had the honor of co-choreographing and performing in “Live-Light on Life,” a tribute to the life and works of B.K.S. Iyengar at New York City Center, during his 2005 National Book Tour. Before devoting herself to the art and science of yoga, Carrie earned a BFA in Dance and Theater from Loretto Heights College and became a Certified Movement Analyst from the Laban Institute. She has spent years dancing, performing and exploring movement for communication and expression.
- Meet YogaDork Educator Carrie Owerko, Her Thoughts on Watermelon, Donald Trump
- Carrie Owerko On First 16 Yoga Sutras in Practice, Life, Reflection and Letting Go
- Embracing Obstacles, All Nine of Them
- Navigating Abhyasa and Vairagya, Practice and Letting Go (of Desires, too)
Jillian Pransky leads programs across the country as well as at Kripalu, Omega and Mohonk. Her ‘Relaxmore’ CD has garnered excellent reviews from many including Dr. Memhet Oz. She is National Director of Restorative Yoga Training for Yoga Works and co-director of the Bright Spirit Yoga Teacher Training, and has been featured in many magazines including Yoga Journal, Self Magazine, Family Circle and appeared on CNN.
As a student of Pema Chodron since 1998, Jillian’s yoga is infused with Mindfulness practices, steadfastness and ease. Her practice and teaching are based on attuning with nature, the seasons, and environment; harmonizing the inner and outer worlds. Her work helps students grow more present with themselves and the world around them; cultivating greater states of health, vitality, peace and awareness both on and off the mat.
While she has studied with many masters, these days her greatest teacher is her 8-year-old, William, who constantly draws Jillian into the deepest gifts of yoga: compassion, mindfulness, presence, joy, patience, and infinite optimism.
- Meet Restorative Yoga Expert, Jillian Pransky, Her Thoughts on Inspiration, Pema Chodron and Mel Gibson
- Jillian Pransky on the Key Ingredient to Digestive Health This Season
- Time to Spring Up: Lighten Your Mind to Brighten Your Life
- Love Is In the Air – Reduce Stress, Get More Air Time with Your Own Oxygen Mask