Get ready to waste more of your time on facebook! It’s The Sims meets Farmville meets a virtual yoga retreat. Because, hey what’s second best to actually going on a retreat to a tropical paradise? Pretending you’re at one on your computer! Finland’s Gajatri Studios has created what they deem to be the “first social management game derived from authentic well-being and yoga content” (read: potentially incredibly addictive “friendly” time-waster) based on the brainchild of yoga enthusiast Tiina Zilliacus.
Do we need more virtual distractions and “social management” games?
According to the press release this is relaxing AND educational:
Yoga Retreat aims to give players a relaxing gaming experience while sat at their desk and at the same teaching genuine Hatha moves, as well as introducing real world yoga philosophies. Players will build up their virtual island paradise by learning and teaching yoga moves, curing customer ailments and gaining virtues through quests.
The Yoga Retreat game is to be unleashed on Facebook August 6th. Hide your idle hands and minds.
- Deron Williams Tweets Pic of Coach K’s Olympic Yoga
- Topless Woman Insists On Topless Yoga in NYC to Promote Equality
- Study Finds Yoga Benefits Stroke Survivors with Balance, Confidence and Stress Relief
- The Mind-Body-Instrument Connection – Yoga for the Arts
- Sneak Peek: Deepak Chopra’s Leela Video Game, Meditative Simulation, Virtual Serenity