It’s almost (officially) summer and life just got even busier. But it doesn’t have to be harder. In case it feels that way, we have just the thing to help you slooowww things downs. Straight from the increase-the-ease department we’re delighted to be giving away your ticket to chillville, J. Brown’s Gentle Is The New Advanced, an online workshop designed around simplicity and attention rather than pushing beyond one’s edges.
An advocate for the slow yoga revolution, J. Brown makes it his mission to remind us all that “advanced” doesn’t have to mean putting our feet behind our head. His Gentle Is The New Advanced online workshop reinforces that concept, his approach has been described as “slow and strong, powerfully intimate, breath-centered therapeutic” yoga teaching. You can read more about J. Brown and his approach here.
WIN: We’re giving away the Gentle Is The New Advanced online workshop to three lucky winners, courtesy of J. Brown. The workshop is made up of eight 90-minute sessions adding up to 12 hours of practices, lectures, demonstrations and discussions to view on your own time or whenever you need a moment for yourself. (Value $99)
- 12 Hours of video in eight 90-minute sessions featuring lectures, practices, demonstrations and discussions. Learn directly from J. Brown in his first ever online yoga course.
- Stream Online or Download for Offline Viewing
- Never Expires – Take the class at your own pace and in your own time
- Class Workbook – An accompanying workbook illustrates the poses and principles behind J. Brown’s teachings, to help you get more out of your workshop.
- Office Hours – Submit your questions and comments for J to respond and share with other students taking the course
- Hours can be applied towards Yoga Alliance’s Continuing Education (CE) Requirement that ALL Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) receive 30 hours of yoga training every three years.
- Perfect for all teachers and inquiring students.
TO ENTER: Regarding old school versus new school yoga, J. Brown has said the main distinction between the two has to do with the mentality around the physical work of the practice. “Challenging yourself on the mat becomes something very different depending upon your definition of what that means,” says J. Let’s use that as inspiration for this one. To enter, share with us either a way that you challenge yourself in yoga, or a way that yoga challenges you. Leave your entry in the comments below, on our facebook page, or twitter with hashtag #gentleisthenewadvanced (be sure to tag us @yogadork!)
Giveaway will remain open until 11:59pm Monday, June 20, 2016. Three winners will be chosen at random and announced soon after. Good luck!
Update: And the winners are…Karen C., Molly D., and Cara M.! Congrats! Thank you to all for your inspiring entries.