The weather is heating up and pretty soon we’ll all be doing hot yoga right on the pavement! Some of us love the heat, while others could do without the heavy shvitzing. Here are a few ways you can prepare yourself for hot yoga, or summer yoga, depending.
1. Do a polar bear plunge right before class.
No freezing water nearby? Lugging a cooler full of ice water to class for a quick dip does the trick, too.
2. Eat a pint of ice cream and/or a box of popsicles for pre-class brain freeze.
Ahhhhhhh! Warning: This could get messy.
3. Pack your yoga mat in dry ice for the coolest sticky mat ever.
image via www.icefactoryonline.com
Actually, please don’t try this. Dry ice is dangerous and can cause burns. Ouch!
4. Try this mat bag/beer cooler instead.
Suds and Samadhi.
5. Get half-cryogenically frozen.
A pricier option. You might have to Google this one for more info.
6. Accessorize! Practice with one of these cool-down hats on.
image via banggood.com
Hydration at its most convenient.
7. THINK cool.
Use your meditative powers to build yourself an ice cold igloo, in your MIND.
8. Skip all of that stuff and remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
image via skippingbreakfast.com
Drinking water and staying hydrated is the most important thing whether you’re voluntarily turning up the heat in yoga class or not.
The American Council On Exercise recommends hydration before, during, and after hot yoga, and suggests listening to your body and staying aware of lightheadedness and dizziness, warning signs you may not be tolerating the heat. And don’t forget to take breaks when you need them!
- New Study Finds Bikram Yoga Poses Potential Threat of Causing Heat-Related Illness
- Is That a Yoga Mat Bag or a Beer Cooler?
As I have grabbed information from this website is really advantageous and functional so if you facing troubles while using windows 10 so you may take help of this website.