We are straight up inspired by this woman. Tao Porchon-Lynch is the kind of person we wish was our cool auntie Tao who tells inspiring stories of the days she marched with Gandhi, or what it was like in Hollywood in the 50s, or how she just won a ballroom dancing competition at the ripe young age of 89 in between showing us how to balance ever so gracefully in peacock pose.
Currently at 96 years of age, with decades of practicing and teaching yoga under belt, Porchon-Lynch shows no signs of slowing her routine, and in fact is actually getting ready to release her very own memoir in March. We can’t wait. Until then, here are just a few gems of wisdom from the grand dame of yoga, via Today.com.
5 Life Lessons from Tao Porchon-Lynch:
1. Start the day right: “When I get up in the morning, I don’t think about all the things that are going to happen, whether it’s good or bad. I say to myself, ‘This is going to be the best day of my life.’ ”
2. Age is just a number: “I don’t believe in age. When people ask me about age, I tell them to look at all the trees around them. They’re hundreds of years old. They may look as if they’re dying at the moment, but they’re not; they’re recycling themselves. And in a couple of months, they’re going to be reborn again.”
3. Dance like nobody’s watching: “Dancing makes you well again. You know, I fell and I’ve slipped. I’ve had everything, but I don’t let it take the better of me.”
4. Accentuate the positive: “Whatever you put in your mind materializes. So if you put negative thoughts, you draw toward you negative things. So be positive. Just look for good.”
5. Don’t procrastinate: “There’s nothing you can’t do, and you can just get up and enjoy life and see how wonderful it is. There’s so much to do, so little time to do it.”
Watch her “Sizzle Reel” below:
She is amazing!!
Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait for her memoir!
She is lucky; has a good health and yes, maybe she has done a few simple things in this life that helped her to gain a positive attitude! Great article!
Great story what an inspiration!
An absolute inspiration. I will think of Tao when I get up every morning. Thank you.
she is my “shero”
Wow! What an Inspiration. I can’t imagine if we will be able to go up to that far in today’s world. At the 96 years of age she is still rocking!
The amazing Tao! Very inspiring woman
That’s really good, inspiring, and helpful too. Hope you will keep sharing more of your ideas.
She is absolutely a hero to teach us that Age is in fact only a number. It helpful and inspiring for everyone i hope.
Without a doubt, a quite inspirational post for everyone and it has changed the way i think.
This was an extremely insightful and knowledgeable Blog. Thanks for the information and cheers to the writer. She is really a hero to teach us age is just a number for everyone. I have to said that, the aim of Yoga is enlightenment,It is believed that liberation could be more quickly achieved through a sophisticated set of transformation practices designed to purify the physical body and mind through energy practices.
Thanks for sharing this helpful information, please keep updating and share more on your website. Thanks very much!
She is an Inspiration for all of us.