It’s Tara Stiles’ contribution to the abundant and bottomless collection of yoga spoofs poking fun at the cult and culture of yoga. (Seriously, we might have to start an Oscar petition. Or the Razzies.) This time around the joke is on us. Or is it on those missing the point?
Starring Deepak’s guru, Tara Stiles, as Lotus and Heidi Kristoffer as Prana, playing two fickle and overzealous yogis who obsess, appear to become addicted to yoga, hit rock bottom in withdrawal and desperate for recovery join a yoga camp, who then come to find the guru to be a fraud and then do the next best thing…Zumba. Yep, just your typical day in the life. It’s a tad longer than it needs to be, and we’re prodded to “click here” for “real yoga” (Tara is also co-author of an Authentic Yoga iPhone app with Mr. Chopra and is known for her “rebel” approach to teaching, aka eschewing spirituality, chanting and using anatomical terminology) but there are some funny, awkward moments. Are you over it yet? Or are these still funny?
- Tara Stiles Muses Over Spirituality, Knocks ‘Insular Community of Yoga’
- Gurunista Gayhle, America’s Next Top Celebrity Yoga Teacher (video)
- How to Get Your Boyfriend To Do Yoga – Movie Star Super Hero Edition
- College Humor Takes On Yoga Class Humor (and Bushy Anuses) – video
- I Go To Yoga For The Loose Men
- Salvador Dali Yoga