If you missed it yesterday, this is the ABC story Fox News pounced on for their Yoga vs. Sports male genitalia measuring debate (pardon the reference, but it’s true). This piece is about the growth of kids yoga and it’s actually awesome.
We can’t dance around it, kids today are super busy and they get stressed, too. Yoga is an outlet. But we don’t need to tell you, the kids and the parents can.
Lauren Chaitoff, co-owner and instructor at YogiBeans, agreed. “It’s going to be little bit sillier, more playful. Kids are stressed these days, there are social pressures and pressure in school.”
It seems school can be a difficult place for kids, at least sometimes. “My daughter’s in third grade,” said Gail Tobias, mother to one of the girls in the class. “There’s an abundance of homework already. After she’s done with the class I find she’s much more eager to go home and sit and do her homework and be more focused. ”
A little boy – one of two in the class – told me yoga helps him forget what’s bothering him. “After class is over it seems like I’m not so worried about my problems as when I was in school,” he said. “Like when I’m here I’m not thinking about oh how much homework do I have, or what do I have to do, what do I have to not do.”
These kids today, they say the darndest things. Video clip below.
- Parents Denounce Yoga, Demand Ban in Protest of Religious Indoctrination
- Can Yoga Help Stop Bullying?
- Three Awesome Dudes Inspire Baltimore Youth With Yoga
- Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Yoga in Jerusalem [Slideshow]
- Fox News Debates Yoga vs Sports and ‘Wussification’ of America
- How to Get Your Boyfriend To Do Yoga – Movie Star Super Hero Edition