Tis the season of giveaways on YD! We’re thrilled to celebrate the end of 2012 and ring in the New Year with another round of holiday gift giving. Cheers!
THE YOGA POSTER
Consider it your yogadork map. Created by yogi couple Karoline and Frank Neville-Hamilton by virtue of kickstarter and the generosity of funders, this (or THE) Yoga Poster takes on the task of gathering together major concepts, types and the history of yoga all in one visually cool and comprehensible overview of the practice. Click here to zoom in.
The 24” x 36” (standard size) poster is printed on thick, archival quality paper made of 100% post-consumer waste and recycled materials. It:
- expresses the main philosophical concepts behind yoga,
- differentiates and covers the major paths, traditions and styles,
- explains the relevance of major historical periods and texts,
- describes the particular actions you do and the relevant terminology you hear and
- places everything within a cohesive, easy to follow metaphor centered on a stylized banyan tree (a tropical fig tree sacred in yoga literature).
We’re giving away TWO copies courtesy of Karoline and Frank.
TO ENTER: We’ll start out easy. Yoga has taken many forms over the years. Whether you’re new to the practice or are a time honored veteran, share with us in the comments your favorite style(s) and why, or perhaps your journey to find it. That’s it!
Entries accepted until noon Friday, December 28. Two winners will be chosen at random and announced shortly after. Good luck!
UPDATE: Congrats to Jerry and Christine! Thanks to all for sharing your yoga in the comments!