It’s the holidays! Once again, tis the season to enjoy happy greetings and mirthful merriment, and cheesy festive graphics, cozy like a reindeer sweater and spiked egg nog. And because they haven’t yet figured out at-home 3-D printers for making custom yoga mats and melted hearts, here are a few gift ideas for your lovies and loved ones, whether they’re seasoned practitioners or just dipping their toes into the ebbs and flows of the yogi wave pool. Always remember, your presence is a gift! Love each other.
First, our annual YogaDork Holiday poll:
Crafty, D-I-Wild and Free
No need to break the bank. These gifts ideas come from the heart with little or no money to spend.
- Custom playlists – Who doesn’t love a mixtape? Create a personal mix for your favorite yogster.
- Yoga mat bags from old sweatshirts or jeans – Get out your needle and thread! (or a sewing machine, might be faster.) Try this how-to.
- Relaxing scented eye pillow – While you’re in the sew-y mood. Try this DIY smelly-in-a-good-way eye pillow how-to.
- Personalized inspiration journal – Many yogis are inspired to write post practice, or keep a daily journal of affirmations. For the super crafty, try this make-your-own journal. Add your own quotes or drawings for an extra personal touch.
- Coupon book – You know the old classic. For the yoga version include yoga time outs – great for moms and dads, husbands and wives. ahem.
YogaDork Backpack: These are the 1-2-3 yogadork essentials and a few of our suggestions.
- Bhagavad Gita: a New Translation by Stephen Mitchell $11.20
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar $12.05
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda $17.95
Moving on! Check out our slideshow of gift ideas for yogis on the go, yogadornments, yogart and gifts that give back. Make it count. (hint: click on the image to shop for that item.)
There’s more! Check out YD pal Jenn the yogadealer’s 12 yogadorky picks for the season.
Share your faves in the comments!