Latest from the Yoga Crime Blotter: sigh.
Remember the 2010 Linda Dolloff trial where she, a Maine yoga teacher, was tried for the 2009 beating of her husband senseless with a bat while he was sleeping, breaking his nose and fracturing his skull, and then attempting to cover it up by shooting herself and staging a home invasion? How time flies.
On Tuesday, Maine’s Supreme Judicial Court unanimously rejected the appeal by the 51-year-old who claimed her 2010 trial was marred by the prosecutor misrepresenting facts and expressing personal opinions. Dolloff will continue serving her 16-year sentence. Her ex-husband Jeff, who still can not recall details of the incident, is not expected to fully recover from his injuries.
Not for nothing, but there’s yoga in jail now. Maybe some fellow prison yog-inmates can remind Linda the meaning of ahimsa? It should be noted that Linda and her now estranged husband were going through a divorce at the time which makes it all okay because ‘don’t beat your soon-to-be ex-husband’ was omitted from Linda’s version of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Oy vey.
- Update: Sad Details of Kausthub Desikachar’s Psychopathic Abuse of Power, Sexual Misconduct and the Preserving of His Family’s Legacy
- When Not to Splurge: Corrupt Mayor Uses Nonprofit Funds for Yoga Lessons
- Lululemon Murder to Become a Book
- Sukhasana Redemption: Korean Yoga Master Escapes Prison through Food Slot
- Ohio Police Force De-Stresses with Yoga