What? Pot is legal?! Crazy, right? Last night voters in both Colorado and Washington voted to legalize the recreational use of marijuana while Massachusetts OK’d medical use joining 17 other states and Washington DC . (Oregon, Montana and Arkansas had it up for vote as well and decided nay). The recreational thing is huge though. It’s like our peace-lovin’, granola eating, hippy yogi living-in-a-commune foremothers and fathers’ dream come true!
Stoner yoga is already an underground thing in LA (sort of, this is LA we’re talking about) and the ghost of Bob Marley knows where else. For decades smoking pot has more or less been a universal symbol of chilling out, letting go, and well, getting high, whether or not it’s metaphorical. Yoga and meditation in their own right have been the chosen path of many to reach that very elevated state. Some cerebral geniuses thought hey why don’t we put them together! Now you don’t even have to pretend to hide it.
So will the new legalization of marijuana in CO and WA open up the gates to pot yoga classes? Time will tell. It’s also been ruled that adult citizens of the states can grow pot as well. We smell supplemental income.
[image via tokeofthetown.com]
- 420 Yoga, aka Stoner Yoga, is Lighting Up LA
- Because They Got High: Yogis Roll and Smoke ‘Intention Joints’ at Yoga Festival
- Stoga: Hardworking Mommies Get Stoned and Yoga Together
- Yoga Gets Hotter (Like 110 Degrees), Or the Sweat Obsession and the Detox Myth
- Yoga in Top 10 Growing Industries Alongside Hot Sauce, Self-Tanning and Green Stuff