Ladies and gentleyogis, we’ve all been there at one time or another and thought, “Wow, yoga sucks!” Was it because of burnout? Was our teacher wearing us thin? Maybe it’s the wrong class? Had we just had enough? My heart chakra will never ‘open’! Enlightenment is overrated!
It seems actress Anne Heche (Hung, Donnie Brasco, Six Days Seven Nights) has snapped, and it’s nothing to do with former girlfriend Ellen DeGeneres, who is a yoga fan, or ecstasy tripping or her alien alter ego. The kooky tabloid-magnet is switching out her down dogging for more normal things like tennis and running. And because she is (or was) a celebriyogi Madame Heche gets a public decry of her yoga practice.
She told Access Hollywood Live,
“I got so sick of touching my toes doing yoga. If I heard one more down-dog… I was doing down-dog one more time and I was like… I’m outta here.
“I threw up… and they’re like, ‘Oh, you’re doing it well.’ I was like, ‘No, no, no, this is not good…’ And you have to stay; they’re like, ‘Please stay here, congratulations!’”
Yikes. Ms. Heche did not elaborate on which style of yoga she was practicing, but something tells us it wasn’t the “elegant stretch” with 91-year-old Mabes.
AH is a little out there, but surely we can relate, barf or no barf. Anyone else having one of those days? Months? Years?
thanks to recoveringyogi for the top photo find.
- ‘If You Want to Learn How to Hate Yoga, Then Open a Yoga Studio’
- What They Don’t Tell You Before You Sign Up for Yoga Teacher Training
- The Heart of Teaching Yoga (…and discovering the secret to the meaning of ‘advanced’)
- Go With Your Flow: Yoga On Your Period – To Invert or Not to Invert?
- YogaDork Ed: Going Deeper Into a Pose? Or Going Off the Deep End?