No time for Airport Yoga? No worries! We’ve got it in-flight. (Sorta.)
A Gawker tipster, who was nursing a hangover from the previous night’s bachelor party, recounts his American Airlines flight from Chicago to Madison, WI where the standard flight attendant banter turned into a “spiritual heart to heart.”
The flight attendant wanted to have spiritual heart to hearts with passengers as they boarded, and seeing as I was at a bachelor party in Nashville the night before I really didn’t need a spiritual cleansing…I needed a change of blood and to sit down. Nonetheless I was told I was ‘filled with power and confidence’, given a hug and allowed to take my seat.
But the flight attendant turned mile high guru didn’t stop there. Nope, the spiritual sister took hold of the
open mic PA system and continued with this lovely, yet mystifying affirmation speech before getting into all that boring safety instruction crap. Listen below.
Still no decent snacks, but sounds like a healthy serving of namaste.
photo credit: Duane Rapp
- DFW Opens Yoga Studio in Bid to Become Healthiest Airport
- San Francisco Airport Unveils First of Its Kind ‘Yoga Room’
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Vikram Gandhi On His Fake Yoga Guru ‘Kumaré’
- Yoga and Pole Dancing Still Duking it Out for the Olympics
- Study Says Yoga Reduces Depression in Pregnant Moms