And while we were hemming and hawing over the hippies in San Fran with their fancy new yoga room, the folks in Texas – Texas! – went ahead and hopped on the yoga train, or we suppose that’d be plane. Even the Texas news crew can’t hardly believe it. The Dallas/Fort Worth airport opened their own special yoga room this past spring in the hopes that customers could find a little grounding and un-bunchedness when travelling through The Lonestar State.
“One of our goals at DFW Airport is to really be one of the healthiest airports, one of the best places to travel in the world,” said Amanda-Rae Garcia, the DFW Airport Wellness Manager.
“It’s even just taking a couple of minutes to sit down and just have a couple of breaths and center themselves. This is good for all ages, all levels of fitness,” Garcia told CW 33 News.
The DFW Yoga Studio is located at Terminal D at Gate D40 and is stocked with yoga mats, hand sanitizer, a yoga DVD playing on the overhead TV and an opportunity to reclaim your peace of mind no matter where your baggage is. (They might invest in some mat spray while they’re at it, but we’ll take it.)
Everything bigger in Texas? Let us know yogi travelers!
- San Francisco Airport Unveils First of Its Kind ‘Yoga Room’
- Bikram’s Million Dollar Lawsuit War Rages On, What Does He Have To Lose?
- World’s Largest GLBL Yoga Event Fails to Raise Over Half a Million Dollars, Gets Postponed to 2013
- What They Don’t Tell You Before You Sign Up for Yoga Teacher Training
- Superhero Yoga from the Land of Geekdom