Thousands of yoga folk flooded the epicenter of Manhattan yesterday for the 10th annual “Solstice in Times Square.”
According to organizers, approxiately 14,000 people signed up for the four free classes throughout the day, which turned out to be four sessions of hot yoga due to the present heat wave. Hydrate! The event was presented by the Times Square Alliance and sponsored by Athleta, which is of course the active-wear/yoga clothing line owned by Gap, Inc., which you may or may not have caught by the sea of purple Athleta-branded mats. Though a few yogis opted to use their own mats, and flattened cardboard boxes (?)
Check out some pics and video below. Were you there?
- Take Two – World’s Largest Yoga Class Set For August 16th, NYC (they just need $675,000 of your help)
- Fidel Castro Stuns with Reflection on Yoga
- Actor, Rocker Jack Black Rocks His Yoga
- Lululemon Spoofs Yoga Barbie Doll, Sparks Customer Frenzy
- Dwyane Wade Ups His Game with Yoga, Shares His Least Favorite Pose