“I have been trying to do some pregnancy yoga as I’m definitely not a gym person. My mum started up one of the first yoga schools in London in the 70s, so I should probably utilise her expertise as I have really bad posture. But I think I’d probably kill her if she tried to tell me to sit up straight.”
30-year-old British actress Sienna Miller, whom we’ve seen in movies (‘Alfie,’ ‘Factory Girl’) but perhaps know best from tabloid coverage of her romance and public fallout with fellow actor and yogi Jude Law, will try prenatal yoga, but damn it if you try to get her to stand up straight.
Good for you Sienna! Wait, your mom was a what? According to Sienna’s bio her mom was a model and assistant to David Bowie and a yoga teacher. Killer trifecta. We can’t find many London yoga studio details about Josephine Miller, but it sounds like Sienna could use her yogi mother’s nagging, yet loving advice or read our post on the importance of good posture. Maybe baby daddy, actor beau Tom Sturridge can support? Happy baby bumping.
Hmm…could it be yoga is influencing celebrities and not the other way around?
Did you/do you practice prenatal yoga?
- Top Four Yogini States of Mind for Your ‘Old School’ Birthing Experience
- Preggerasana: Mind, Body, Breath and Spirit of Prenatal Yoga
- January Jones’ Baby Bump ‘N Yoga
- Celebriyogi Gisele Bundchen: Prenatal, Birth Meditater
- Did Beyonce just simultaneously change public perspective on natural birth, baby yoga and nursing-in-public debate?