“I never used to stretch. I feel I can perform better when my body is stretched out. I’ve been thinking about doing yoga for about five years. I finally decided it was time to try it.” Champion boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. shared with the press on Tuesday his secret weapon in the ring. Yoga.
The somewhat controversial 35-year-old undefeated champ (42-0 and 26 knockouts and a history of violence outside the ring will get you a few haters) spends an hour a day doing yoga. Is it working?
“I’m looking and feeling stronger,” he said. “But it’s hot in that yoga studio. Really hot.”
(Too hot?) Says a man who gets paid to pummel and not get too pummeled back. Add this one to the ‘yoga’s not for wussies (tell us what we don’t already know)’ file.
No word yet on that ahimsa bit (Mayweather has faced multiple charges of domestic violence).
- Giants and Patriots Prepare for Super Bowl XLVI with Yoga!
- Stanley Cup MVP Tim Thomas Talks Yoga and Hockey, and Shows Us (video)
- Hope Solo, World Cup Superstar, Does Yoga for Speed and Agility on the Field
- Manchester United Star Ryan Giggs Won’t Shut Up About Yoga
- Statistics Show NBA Players Love Yoga, Opponents Maintain ‘That Shit is Hard’