Are you one to mix your activism cocktails with a dash of yoga? Do you think politics could use more yoga? Off the Mat wants to know. The organization known for bringing yoga outside the safety of a studio onto the streets and into the world (sometimes third) is getting ready to kick off their Yoga Votes campaign 2012. But first they want to know if any of you give a flying farkle.
All are welcome to share your thoughts and opinions either for or against the yoga and politics mixer by participating in this survey.
Here are the first three questions to ponder…over a beer? Or, you know, whatever.
1. To me, yoga is:
check all that apply
- Exercise or self care
- A set of values I live by
- Something I do once in a while
- Something I use to create community
- A tool for personal development
- None of these
2. The values I associate with my yoga practice are:
check all that apply
- Mind-body connection
- Compassionate action
- I don’t think about yoga in terms of values
3. Do you feel connected to the political process? *This question is required
- Yes, I know that my voice matters
- No, I’ve lost interest
- No, it doesn’t seem to matter whether I engage or not
- Yes, the outcome of elections directly impacts my life
We’re curious what you think too, so feel free to share your thoughts in open discourse via the comments. No filibustering we promise.
Stay tuned for an interview with Off the Mat founders Seane Corn and Suzanne Sterling on yoga’s place in politics and being involved with Occupy Wall Street. We could get it up faster if we have any volunteer transcribers. This is our lame way of requesting your assistance.
update: OK we just added a poll to see if you’re paying attention and/or care.
We invite you dependers to share.
- Breaking: Yogis Take Off the Mat to #OccupyLA Nov 1
- Top 5 Reasons Alec Baldwin Should Be NYC’s Mayor with Yoga Teacher Girlfriend
- Bringing Yoga to the Streets: Visit Compass Yoga at Hester Street Fair Kickoff This Weekend
- Yoga Blog Power: Sadie Nardini Changes ‘Weightloss’ Ad, The Babarazzi Wreaks Havoc
- ‘Parks and Recreation’ Meditation Episode: Ron Swanson Opens His Heart Chakra