Hey NYC yoga fans, not doing anything this weekend? Come down to this season’s kickoff of the famous Hester Street Fair on the Lower East Side, shop for those cute and quirky vintage finds to make Zooey Deschanel jealous and get your yoga on. We’ve mentioned Compass Yoga before, the super inspiring, newly minted non-profit poised to bring to hospitals, veterans and folks in need of healing what Bent on Learning has brought to NYC schools and school kids.
Compass Yoga founder Christa Avampato, along with Compass board members and volunteers, will be stationed at the fair this coming Saturday, April 28th from 10am-6pm offering:
- mini-private sessions to help you with any ache, pain, or health question that ails you
- collecting your gently used yoga mats and props to stock our classrooms
- the schedule of all of our weekly classes around the city
- information on volunteer and partnership opportunities with Compass Yoga
- free beverages provided by our generous and inspiring partner Honeydrop Beverages.
Come on down and meet the crew, learn about volunteer opportunities and be inspired by the efforts of New Yorkers giving back to the community through the practice of yoga and the goodness of their own hearts. (we just got a little misty.)
Read more about the event and Compass Yoga here.
(ps. we don’t get paid to post this sort of stuff. we just think it’s awesome)
- Compass Yoga: A New Direction for Wellness
- Prison Yoga Gets Colorado Man Reduced Sentence
- Meditation Can Be Better Than Pain Pills, Study Finds
- ‘Parks and Recreation’ Meditation Episode: Ron Swanson Opens His Heart Chakra
- Yoga in Top 10 Growing Industries Alongside Hot Sauce, Self-Tanning and Green Stuff