This is coming up quick so clear your schedules! We’re super excited to announce this scholarship giveaway for kids yoga teacher training with NYC’s Yogi Beans. Because, firstly, we believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the…oh you know the rest. Secondly, this is first time YD has hosted a FULL scholarship for continuing ed. training, and for such an admirable mission (as per Yogi Beans): to honor the innate energies of children’s bodies, minds and hearts through yoga.
Yogi Beans was formed in 2010 and since then they’ve built an educational and fun program offering yoga to kids ages 2-10, and even adapting their syllabus to meet the needs of children in over 30 private and public schools throughout New York City, Westchester, New Jersey, and Los Angeles. Their teaching is designed to “develop children’s abilities to focus (attention), stand up straight (posture), move their limbs with control (coordination) and grace (flexibility), and find inner strength (self–confidence).” Read more about YB and their specialized TT program here.
WIN: FULL scholarship to Yogi Beans 25hr yoga teacher training program for the weekend of March 2-4. (yes, next week!) And a first runner up will receive a $250 scholarship. (regular training cost: $675) No prior yoga experience is required. If you’re a teaching professional this may be a perfect way to start incorporating yoga in the classroom.
There are a few stipulations before entering:
1. Firstly, we hope you’re interested in learning more about bringing yoga to kids! And learning stuff like this:
- Child–appropriate Pranayama (breathing exercises), asanas (poses), and meditation
- Focus and concentration games and activities
- How to make yoga philosophy accessible to a child
- Incorporating stories and songs into your class
- Sequencing class for ages 2 to 10
- Disciplinary techniques
- Practice teaching and feedback
- Teaching techniques for parent and child classes
2. Winner must be able to attend the weekend of Mar 2-4. The training is being held in Upper East Side Manhattan FRI & SAT 9am – 6pm; SUN 10am – 5pm.
TO ENTER: OK chillins, you knew this was coming. In the spirit of kidlets tell us in the comments your favorite game to play growing up (or now, if you’re still a big kid). Then, however you like, share with us why you’re interested in taking the training.
Entries accepted until noon on Sunday, February 26th. Winners will be chosen at random and announced by Monday morning the 27th. Good luck!
Heads up NYC yogsters: Yogi Beans is opening a brand new studio on the Upper East Side March 5th offering a schedule of FREE classes for kids of all ages and one adult class per week all month long. Space is limited and classes are filling up so reserve a spot for yourself or your bean by emailing email@example.com. Check out Yogi Beans online, on facebook and twitter to stay informed.
AND THE WINNERS ARE… MaryAlice for the full scholarship! And tk wins the $250 scholarship!
As a bonus, Yogi Beans felt so grateful for your responses so they are extending a $100 discount on the March training to anyone who entered! Contact Yogi Beans at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a registration form and mail it in/drop it off within the next 48 hours (by Wednesday 2/29).
- Three Awesome Dudes Inspire Baltimore Youth With Yoga
- Yoga, Meditation Help Kids Deal with Chronic Stress
- 10 Things You Won’t Hear at Lululemon