Highly successful yoga clothing chain Lululemon has seen its share of public fiascos and feather kerfluffing, but it’s also seen, well, its shares and stocks keep rising and profits soar. What can we say, this yoga thing is popular, as are pricey pants that squeeze your but-tocks. Ecosalon.com put a zingy list together of 10 Things You’ll Never Hear at a Lululemon for all the stretchy bottomed girls, and the rest of us.
1. “Yes, but do I need a separate sweat-wicking infinity scarf for jogging and Zumba?”
2. “What a coincidence! Atlas Shrugged inspired me to take up yoga, too. Did you know that “namaste” is the Sanskrit word for Objectivism?”
3. “This sweater doesn’t have enough zippers on it.”
4. “Sure, I’ve been to other sporting apparel outlets, but I just don’t feel comfortable buying leggings unless I can see the personal fitness goals of the clerk selling them to me scribbled in chalk on a blackboard by the door.”
5. “I’ve been looking for something that combines meditation with balls-out capitalism and a murky connection to Scientology, and I think I’ve found it.”
6. “Do you have this in a size 14?”
Read the full list at Ecosalon: 10 Things You’ll Never Hear at Lululemon.
Have some of your own?
- Shit Yogis Say, A Comeback Special (video)
- Who Will Replace Lululemon’s Chip Wilson? Our Top 5 Picks!
- Lululemon Gets Slapped in the Manifesto – A Provoking Parody
- Lululemon Goes Ayn Rand Ideology to ‘Conquer Epidemic of Mediocrity’
- Hot Mess: Bikram Sues Yoga to the People for $1 Million
- What To Do When Your Yoga Practice Bores You (Adventures in Kundalini)