Hello lovers and lovettes, yogis and yogettes, this is your captain of good cheer speaking. Time to put down the gloomberry muffins and haterade and pick up a box of happiness helper. If you think we’ve gone crazy, you may be right. This past week has been filled with such intense controversy we’re in dire need of a cupcake and a cute puppy. Cute puppy in a Valentine’s teacup? We’ll take it!
Ah, that’s better.
Seriously folks, if you’re not caught up on the major news and turbulence surrounding John Friend and Anusara Yoga you might want to skip right to it.
If you’re in need of a break, try your turn at Yoga Mad Libs and enter to win whatever your heart’s delight from prAna yoga clothing. Or at the very least enjoy yourself an incredibly silly and entertaining read. Maybe even a smile! If you’re happy and you know it, shout giveaway.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
John Friend and Anusara hit a rock AND a hard place, to say the least: There is much to read as much has transgressed over the past week since accusations surfaced. If you’re somehow hearing about this for the first time, all we can tell you is this is not a test. Below are updates in the order they were posted:
- Letter From John Friend to Anusara Yoga Teachers
- Anusara’s John Friend Responds to Accusations in First Public Interview
- Second John Friend Letter to Anusara Teachers: Assume Forgiveness, Resume Business As Usual; Letter from Interim Committee Reflects Discord
- Anusara Teachers Speak: Responses from Desiree Rumbaugh, Ross Rayburn and Christina Sell
- Update: More Anusara Teacher Reactions; Noah Maze, Bernadette Birney and Others Continue Wave of Resignations
- Update – Letter from Interim Committee to Anusara Teachers on Mediating Process
Believe it or not, there was some other yoga news last week. We’re committed to bringing you the latest updates regarding John Friend and Anusara, but we’re also looking forward to returning to regularly scheduled humor and yogadorkiness. Hi there, we’re YD and we enjoy bringing you all the yoga news that’s fit for enlightentainment, and making up words.
Ah, mon amor, the day of love is here, so the news is all about yoga and sex, ah buhht ahv cohhrse.
- ‘Nightline’ Takes On Yoga, Sex and Yogasms with Author William J. Broad and NYC Yoga Teacher Marco Rojas
Some fun news for at-home yogis (and bonus news for YD readers – hint: free classes).
The Giants won the Super Bowl, Adele sweeps up at the Grammys, but we are still trying to figure this one out.
Holiday gift for your valentine? You let us know how that works out for you.
<3 from YD. Keepin’ it real.