You know, as sagaciously analytical as we aim to be sometimes, we can totally take a joke around these parts. So when we saw this parody of Equinox’s Sexy Yoga Ad by humorist Michael Stusser (a contributor to Yoga International and Shambhala Sun) we couldn’t help but chuckle with amusement. Because it’s funny! And if you thought that other video was beautiful…eat your heart out Briohny fans.
Despite the argument one could make that this is more publicity for the sexified fitness chain (we’ve seen racier ads than the yoga one) we’re going to let this be what it is, a humorous response bringing a bit of levity and boxer-briefed cheekiness to all the gravity around exploitative underwear yoga ads for the almighty dollar.
It’s ok to smile. And to be impressed by the stunning accuracy in recreating the scene, the sassy camera shots and oh that handstand. Let your hair down, loosen up your bras folks.
- Naked Judgment: What Are We Really Buying from Nude Yoga Ads?
- YogaDork Giveaway: ‘Relax and Renew’ by Judith Hanson Lasater + Beautiful Handmade Bolster
- Tom Myers on The Century of the Body: Fascia, Yoga and the Medicine of the Future
- Shit New Age Girls Say (video)
- 10 Best and Funniest Yoga Videos of 2011 Feat. Kitties, Rappers, Yoga Girls & Adam Levine
- Robert Downey Jr., the Comeback Yogi, with Vinnie Marino