Is it hot in here? The first month of 2012 is barely over and we’ve already seen enough yoga contros and fiery debates to sweat old man Bikram. Still, we yoga on because that’s what we do, and we do it with Robert Downey Jr. Welll…ok not yet. But we’re pretty sure he needs to learn more about fascia and we should be the ones to teach it to him. You know, connective tissue and all that ‘organ of form’ stuff. ahem. Can somebody open a window? Time to chill out in snow-angel-asana.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Truly fascia-nating! And a must read despite the cheap pun. Tom Myers on The Century of the Body: Fascia, Yoga and the Medicine of the Future
- Here he is folks, the Iron Man of Yoga. Robert Downey Jr., the Comeback Yogi, with Vinnie Marino
- It’s getting in here, so take off all your…Naked Judgment: What Are We Really Buying from Nude Yoga Ads?
- And then there was that time when Yoga kept Olympic dreams alive! Yoga Saves US Soccer Team from Fatal Shooting – Hope Solo
- The prose of big-name yogis is more than words. The Poetry of Yoga: Book, Event, Movement
- Don’t get stuck in one position. hint: try a bulldozer and a snow globe. YogaDork Ed: How To Get Out of That Yoga Rut by Jill Miller
UPDATED: Complete & Exhaustive Guide: Yoga Comm Responds to NYT ‘How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body’ with more responses from NYT, Jill Miller, Leslie Kaminoff (take 2), Alanna Kaivalya and more.
Congrats to Logan who won the Street Yoga training scholarship!
Favorite funny of the week:
via the omnipresent yogadawg.
Earlier…This Week In Yoga: Is The NYT Wrecking Yoga? | Funny Shit New Age Yoga Bitches Say