“I’m a yoga instructor, I work at a vegan bakery — and I also like to shoot guns.” Deirdre Gailey, lady gun owner, yogi, vegan, one of the many women purportedly finding the Zen in owning firearms and popping caps.
A recent story from CBS tells us that ladies, yes even those wearing skirts and yoga pants, enjoy the big guns like the big boys. It seems womens empowerment is coming fully armed. But do yoga and loud, eardrum-piercing, molten metal wielding weapons mix?
“Yoga’s Zen-like quality can be applied to shooting guns in a lot of ways. Shooting guns takes focus, concentration, and it doesn’t always have to be about violence,” says Gailey. We suppose it would make us pay more attention in class. But, we’ll stick to sweating our bullets, thanks!
What we really want to know is, can she shoot her target in niralamba sirsasana?
Noted: It’s one time we’re thankful Yoga Don Bikram collects Rolls Royces and the souls of yoga studios rather than bazookas and AK-47s.
- Market Value: Is Your Yoga Worth $2000? The Reality of Making a Living as a Yoga Teacher
- In the Case of Bikram vs Yoga to the People, Copyrighting Yoga, Who Wins?
- 10 Best and Funniest Yoga Videos of 2011 Feat. Kitties, Rappers, Yoga Girls & Adam Levine
- World’s Oldest Yoga Teacher, Bernice Bates, Stretches it Out (video)
- ‘Captain America’ Chris Evans May Finally Stick to His Yoga New Years Resolution