Happy Hanukkah! Happy Christmas! Happy Solstice! Indeed, it’s that time of year again when the YIN gets longest and the YANG gets short. (That’s what she said. Badambum.) With the darkest days now becoming lighter once again, it is certainly a time of year for reflections, pauses, stillness, oh and rabidly ripping open presents, foaming at the mouth with egg nog, feasting on goodies and bracing yourself for family gatherings! Stop. Tadasana. Breathe.
As we meet the Winter Solstice, heed this advice from Taoist Path:
“…the Yin energy on our planet is at its strongest and fullest expression culminating on the 21st when it slowly begins to wane with the emergence of the active and charged Yang energy. This is a slow process and transition but an important one. Why? Because this is a great time to catch the Yang wave and ride it into the next cycle. It is a wonderful time to lock in our dreams and aspirations and charge them with the primordial power of Yang energy which is emerging into our sphere.”
In order to do so we must make like Savasana and rest NOW, so you can set the stage for dream-living in the New Year. It’s that easy! But let’s just take it one TWIY at a time. Wishing you a whopping heap of joy for the holidays from the bottom of our rising yang. Hey-o.
Here’s What Happened This Week in Yoga:
- What’s a year without hilarious and incredible yoga videos, you ask? Here are the faves. 10 Best and Funniest Yoga Videos of 2011 Feat. Kitties, Rappers, Yoga Girls & Adam Levine
- Celebrating Hanukkah? You might enjoy this. Jewish Yoga and the Kosher Sutras – Na-ma-sta-zel Tov!
- Waiting for Santa? This may be your bag. Yukon Cornelius Does Ho Ho Hot Yoga (video)
- In the ‘For Teachers’ Section: If teaching yoga is your passion and accounting pays the bills, add them together, multiply by happiness and divide that by life. Market Value: Is Your Yoga Worth $2000? The Reality of Making a Living as a Yoga Teacher
- It’s not your regular “natural birth” anymore. Top Four Yogini States of Mind for Your ‘Old School’ Birthing Experience
- When finding the stillness comes in non-thinking capsules. Trouble Meditating? Pop the Ultimate Chill Pill (funny video)
- For those taking the time to let it go and chill eff out to Keep Calm and Don’t You F*@king…(NSFW)
Yogidays Giveaways: If you’re reading this before noon EDT on Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 you can still enter to Win Your Favorite Thing, ANYthing From prAna.com.
Cheery, cheer, cheer.