Full moons, holiday tunes, pretty lights and festive lunar-eclipsed nights. Oh, it’s beginning to look a lot like chanuchristmakwansolstice! Cheers! Just a few weeks left in the year, campers, and we have to say, after this past week of yoga news our stocking is just about overflowing with gifts and presence. Heh. We eagerly await the arrival of Surya Namaclaus, his 8 reinashtangis, and Rudolph the enlightened 9th limb, er, deer.
Our tree is up! But, we’ve made a quick dash down south for a few days’ retreat. Stay tuned for our reports from Costa Rica! That’s right YD is going international, despite the passport office’s best efforts.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Firstly, there was a giveaway! A yearly YD traditional giveaway, in fact. 2012 winners have been announced. See if you won a copy of Judith Hanson Lasater’s ‘A Year of Living Your Yoga’!
- Memory full? Clear your cache, cookies! Geek Meditation Funny Comic
- Somehow Andie has us feeling pretty good about turning 53. Actress Andie MacDowell: Yoga is My Sanctuary, It’s Helped Everything
- And 91? Pfft. After reading about Bernice, bring it on! Which Quote from 91-Year-Old Yoga Teacher is Most Inspiring?
- And if you weren’t inspired yet, you’re either Ebeneezer, or you were just waiting for Yoga Cat Surya Namaskar Adorableness (video)
- Seriously, after all that only energy in a bottle could lift your spirits. If only Deepak and 50 Cent had contracted something together…Oh wait! Deepak Chopra Samples 50 Cent’s Energy Fields in New Ad
This season may bring on a little extra attachment to people and things, no? Let. it. go. Here’s a little help!
- The latest in YogaDork Ed: Navigating Abhyasa and Vairagya, Practice and Letting Go (of Desires, too)
Yes, there’s much to be inspired by and we’re stuffed to the gills with holiday cheer, but there is still much work to do.
- The Daunting Work Before Us: 2011 Reflections, 2012 Intentions by J. Brown in YogOpinions.
Take Note: More giveaways coming up this week for Happy Yogidays 2011.