Happy December! And here we are. It’s like these last 11 months have flashed before our very eyes faster than you can say Kardashian Divorce Because of Naked Yoga Incident, oh and because they knew each other for five minutes before getting married. Zip! Don’t blink.
As we tumble towards the end of 2011 we reflect back on a year that closes with the chilling tales of Naked Yoga with the Kardashians, an Ayn Rand/Lululemon ideology tea party, and news that, according to the Vatican’s Chief Exorcist, we, you and everyone with an affinity for J.K. Rowling are pretty much doomed to hell. But have no fear, dearest yogsters, at least with Adam Levine, proud celebriyogi and decent pop singer (*ducks*) we’ll be in good company. Cheers to that!
A quick announcement! Before we move on to this week’s proceedings, we have a winner for the Ultimate YogaDork T-Shirt Design Contest. Behold the winning design, with 45% of the votes, ‘Dorkasana’ by Emily L!
Now without further ado.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- They’re baaaaack. More comedy ensues. ‘Yoga Girl’ Music Video, ‘Whole Foods Parking Lot’ Dude Returns for the Ladies
- She take my moooo-ney, well I’m in ne-e-ed…NY Post: Yoga Studios New Match.com for Millionaires and Trophy Yogis
- Yet another school gets crotchety over yoga pants. School Bans Yoga Pants, Students Rebel, Refuse to Hide Curves
- Oh right, then Bikram decided the popular Yoga to the People should be at People’s Court. (or, you know, settle for tons of money) Hot Mess: Bikram Sues Yoga to the People for $1 Million
- Is there anything more entertaining than political satire? Maybe yoga political satire! Stephen Colbert Warns of Lululemon’s Ayn Rand Influence on Yoga, Hilariously
And because we could all use a good talking to about our posture. Take this one standing up.