Step right up, yogis! Get your daily dose of prescribed vit-a-min-asana and be transported to a land of YogUtopia! Where everyone’s butts are perfectly vacuum-packed, melted hearts and fluttered butt cheeks rule and mediocrity lives in blasphemy! No, it’s not Anusaraland.
In a time where cement-injections are being used to enhance butt curves and we’re being handed anti-mediocre ideology references on our shopping bags, YogUtopia doesn’t sound half bad. Of course, we may be moving towards a ‘Brave New World’ dystopia rather than the land of yogi dreams where we’re having tea with a zombie Ayn Rand’s past, the ‘greatness’ of Chip Wilson’s presence and the ghost of Bikram’s sweaty ass past. Wait, is this what happens in ‘The Hunger Games’? Don’t tell us!
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- “Melt your heart” was just too easy. Top 10 Yoga Cue Translations: Flutter My What?
- And we bid our teacher’s teacher’s teacher’s teacher a very happy day. Happy Birthday T. Krishnamacharya! To the Father of Modern Yoga, Namaste (pics and videos)
- Who are you calling mediocre? Lulu lollies get cozy with ‘Tea Party bible’ Lululemon Goes Ayn Rand Ideology to ‘Conquer Epidemic of Mediocrity’
- Some yogis, and non, get kinda pissed off. NPR: Lululemon’s ‘John Galt’ Un-Yoga Like Criticism, Our Sad Mediocrity and Tea Party’s Ron Paul
- Still curious which pill has the Coke in it. Bikram Will Now Make You Sweat AND Sell You Vedic Vitamins
- Have you been pregnant? You’ll totally dig this. Curious what it’s like to be pregnant as a yogi? Read on. Preggerasana: Mind, Body, Breath and Spirit of Prenatal Yoga
Speaking of birth. We’re proud to announce we now have a doula dork in the house! Have you had experience with doula-ing and yoga either as a mama or a practicing doula? We’d love to hear about it!