A very happy modern YogaDork birthday to the “father of modern yoga” T. Krishnamacharya!
Not only did Sri T. Krishnamacharya aid in the revival of hatha yoga with his own teachings, he was the guru for many of the most influential teachers we still look to for wisdom today: BKS Iyengar, Sri K Pattabhi Jois, TKV Desikachar (his son), Indra Devi and the list goes on.
If you practice vinyasa, Iyengar, Anusara, Ashtanga, Acro or even gym power yoga, you have been privy to some of the teachings Krishnamacharya has passed down through his students, and their students. Today we honor his legacy with a universal Ommmmm.
Check out KYM.org to learn more about his life and teachings.
- Bikram Will Now Make You Sweat AND Sell You Vedic Vitamins
- Lululemon Goes Ayn Rand Ideology to ‘Conquer Epidemic of Mediocrity’
- Top 10 Yoga Cue Translations: Flutter My What?
- Help I AM. Become a Reality: Conscious Commerce for Sustainable Social Solutions
- Go Upside Down to Lighten Up – Stress Less with Inversion Therapy