Hello! It’s the last week of September, can you believe it? So much has happened over the past few weeks: fall has arrived in the northern hemisphere, it’s creeping on soup and sweater season, our hair is longer, our sleeves are longer, our wee YD is back to school and growing up before our very eyes! OK, slow it down. We’re still in our nerdy braces phase, but it’s true there are some growth spurts abound here at YDHQ. If you haven’t checked out YogaDork Ed., do yourself a favor and get schooled. Also, pinch your pennies with the exciting new bit called YD Deals, perhaps to prove quite useful as the holidays approach. (eek! yes, we know. But time flies, doesn’t it?)
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Chromosomal heated debates: Men’s Classes, Broga, Male-Only Retreats: Where the Boys Are in Yoga
- Public Displays of Yoga in the Street: Protesters ‘Occupy Wall Street’ With Yoga
- Happy Chaturangas! YogaDork Ed: Chaturanga Dandasana Done Right
- A century and a half of modern levitating: Happy 150th Anniversary Kriya Yoga
- Fully clothed yoga photos! Vanessa Hudgens Photos, Of Yoga (For Goodness Sake)
- Get the skinny. Gerard Butler Does Yoga for New Surfer Movie
- Casual everydays. Yoga Pants Make Vancouver 3rd Worst-Dressed City in the World
- Fancy pants, fancy spirit?: Vivienne Tam Yokes Fashion and Yoga: A Foray into Spiritual Materialism
Latest from the outrageous Yoga Crime blotter: Yoga Teacher Learns Doggie Ahimsa the Hard Way, Is Charged With Animal Cruelty
And the tripped out tech tip: Deepak Chopra’s Trippy New Meditation Video Game
Looking to score a yoga deal?
Last but not least, congrats to Nicole Marie for winning a photo from the Great American YogaDork Roadtrip!