Goodness. Oh dear. Pardon us, uh…we’re just trying to clear something up here. Oh, is that right? Hm, is that a fact? Well, then. We suppose it’s true, September is here! And the summer, sadly, unofficially over. Aw, don’t get all misty-eyed and hissy now. Who doesn’t love crisp sweaters, crisper air, and hot apple crisps? Tis the season. It’s also the season for Yoga Month, September 2011. Woohoo. Don your most charming back to school garb, we’re hitting the yoga books, and uh, mats. Check out our post on Yoga Month with details on events in NYC and cool free stuff! Free Events, Classes, Fun Stuff for September – National Yoga Month 2011
With September in swing, we’re almost ready to close the chapter on YD’s Summer of Love and Yoga Fests. Almost. Stay tuned for one last hurrah and candid transmissions from Bhakti Fest this coming weekend September 8th-11th at Joshua Tree National Park where YD will throw it down one more time, yoga fest style. Should be fanflutintastic.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- First a little #yogahaha for those needing a top o’ the week pick-me-up: Oh Noes! Kitty Gets Stuck in Yoga Pose (video)
- He speaks Sanskrit and everything! Top 5 Reasons Alec Baldwin Should Be NYC’s Mayor with Yoga Teacher Girlfriend
- If you thought “the man” could bring the mob flashers down Yoga Flash Mob Update: It’s On, NYC!
- Ever have one of those moments? Watch this. How To Meditate In a Moment (video)
- Frog jammies and cherub lips included. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz Have a Yoga Baby (photo)
- Flash mobs, festivals. And then we ask Yoga on Crowded NYC Subway – Awesome or Not? (video)
And don’t miss out! New YD Giveaway! One lucky winner will win ANY print from our Road Trip gallery (including above photo) in ANY size, plus a YD magnet with which you can show off on your fridge or annoy your coworkers by tagging their file cabinets. Enter here.
We’d also like to take a moment and congratulate our latest Yoga Bitches! Er, giveaway winners. Contest is over, but we’d be remiss if we didn’t implore you to read the comments for a good time.
Happy belated Birthday to Ganesha, remover of obstacles and the welcome elephant in the room.