Everyone’s like WHOA he’s doing YOGA! And then he stood on his head and started chanting The Bhagavad Gita in its entirety!
Well, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz’s 10 month old, Egypt, is certainly sitting in a Baby Buddha-fied lotus, and is as cute as a pouty-lipped cherub.
According to uber proud papa via twitter, his precious babe may not be walking yet, but he’s already beginning early stages of Yogidom.
Posting this for 3 reasons.
1. It’s a babayy! In lotus pose (sorta). Awwww. Go ahead get googly eyed.
2. Swizz Beatz, giving yoga a shout out: cool. Has Schoolly D schooled him yet? Who’s next, Rick Ross?
3. A Thought: Perhaps all we need are frog pajamas and a childlike sense of wonder to find peace. And diapers? Nevermind.
- Top 5 Reasons Alec Baldwin Should Be NYC’s Mayor with Yoga Teacher Girlfriend
- Free Events, Classes, Fun Stuff for September – National Yoga Month 2011
- Yoga Flash Mob Update: It’s On, NYC!
- How To Meditate In a Moment (video)
The Hindu theory of reincarnation or rebirth of a soul (Punar-Janam) is able to nicely explain the phenomenon of Child-Prodigies.
It is said that some of the worthy accomplishments of a person in one life are carried over by that person’s Aatma (soul) into that Aatma’s next rebirth.
Thus, you have 3-year-old babies playing the Piano really well, 4-year-olds reciting the Bhagavad Gita, etc.
So, it turns out that, yes, you CAN indeed take it with you !
So, if the baby is showing signs of proclivity towards Yoga-asanas, it could have to do with his having been an accomplished Yogi in a previous life.
But having said that, it is als true that most babies will, of their own accord, sit in a perfect Veerasana !
Too cute! And YES frog jammies and a childlike wonder can bring a great deal of peace and bliss!