Hey did you feel that?
Quaker hurricane, it’s all good! We’re Yogis 🙂
Ok, ok west coasters, we know you’re used to the whole earth moving under your feet thing, but we east siders prefer our ground to stand still. Cue Carol King. Thanks to a dear friend we are fully prepared for the next tectonic shimmy. Who knew everything we needed to know about earthquake safety we learned on Saved By the Bell? Then again, we ought to prepare ourselves now for a visit from our fancy hurricane friend. Come on, Irene.
Yes we’ve still got the week in review, while we plywood the windows and batten down the hatches. Stay safe east coasters!
In other perhaps earth shattering news, quite excitingly, our Great American Road Trip Gallery is up! Check out all the images from the epic journey. All photos by the talented J.T. Liss.
A reminder that 25% of all proceeds go towards the efforts of Off the Mat, Into the World. yay! Also, our wonderful friend Maggie of Sprout Yoga is donating 20% of sales from her malas will go towards the cause as well! Check it out.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Are you a mobile yogi? Tell us! YogaDork Giveaway! Win a Hugger Mugger Zafu, Mobile Meditation Cushion
- Uh oh, are luon stocks in a twist? Lululemon Stock Downgrade Due to Pricey Yoga Pants, Analyst Says
- UPDATE: Postponed. Help the master minds reorganize! Mega Yoga Flash Mob Planned for NYC’s Grand Central Station August 24th
- Ridic. Silliness. That is all. Swami Beyondananda: The Kookiest, Most Inspiring ‘Hilareality’ Faker You’ll Ever Meet
- Mofo homeys, word up. Legendary Gangsta Rapper Schoolly D Gets His ‘Ghetto Yoga’ On
- It’s a yoga nerd fest, and we like it. International Association of Yoga Therapists Receives $30k Grant, Boost for Yoga and Scientific Research
- Asana addictions? Please read. YogaDork Ed: When a Pose Hurts Instead of Heals by Jill Miller.
- Also THIS: Yoga or Advil in YogOpinions by J. Brown
- Not only a book review: ‘Yoga Bitch’ by Suzanne Morrison Straddles Depth and Giggle-Inducing Levity, but also a YD Giveaway! 5 copies up for grabs. Are you a Yoga ____? Enter here.
Saved by the Bell Earthquake Safety Tips
This Week In Yoga: Athleta vs. Lulu, Bikram vs Yoga To The People, Mick Jagger vs. Yoga
I love the “Ghetto Yoga” terminology! I guess we could also use “Bootylicious Yoga” for the famed “yoga booty” so many practitioners enjoy!