Ahoy! Happy official summer! Here we are reeling from all this sunshine and merrymaking, which explains the tardy TWIY. Such is the beginning to the Summer of Love! Forget about lazy days though, this is our kickoff to the season of yoga festivus. YD’s going on tour (sorta). With the Hanuman this past weekend in Boulder and Wanderlust gearing up to take over Stratton Mountain, Vermont we can hardly keep our lanyards straight. Stay tuned for coverage of this summer’s shenanigans.
As for celebrating, whether you’re Solstice-ing in Times Square, sipping sun tea or summer cat napping, we wish you a very happy season of sweat!
One more announcement before we get to it. If you’ve been waiting for YD shirts, we thank you for your patience. They have arrived once again! And they’re just $20 for a limited time. Don’t miss out.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
From the dark side of the sun:
- As if we needed another celestial summer greeting, get a load of the Longest Lunar Eclipse in Decade.
See the Light(er side):
- Um, are the organic goji berries in stock? Watch ‘Whole Foods Parking Lot’ Hilarious Rap, Yoga Pants Included (video)
- :17 seconds of pure laughter yoga Karma Dog Gives Kitty a Ride on His Scooter (video)
Salute the Stars:
- Alec Baldwin is dating a yoga teacher half his age. No big deal. Until we have a our ’30 Rock’ Yoga Reality TV Show dreams come true!
Doing Good in the YogaHood:
The final post in the hilarious series 10 New Yoga Styles Taking the World By Storm:
Don’t be sad, read the full guide!
- Yoga Style Guide: Intro to Ashholetanga + Howmuchlongar
- Yoga Style Guide #2: Hickram + Sevamukti
- Yoga Style Guide #3: Incasa Flow + Glower Yoga
- Yoga Style Guide #4: Chin Yoga + Kindaloony
And we believe Bowie said it best when he said: Keep Your Mouth Shut, But Listen to the World Inside
And stay hydrated! We’re pretty certain Mr. Moonage Daydream kept the liquids flowing. Scotch-coconut waters all around!