This Week In Yoga brought to you by Freddie Mercury and Queen because “The Show Must Go On” and the invention of red chai masala tea because it’s delicious.
What a week. For one, Weinergating has taken on a whole new meaning! Previously, a term normally referring to the similar practice of “tailgating” but attended solely by weiner dogs (in sunglasses, natch) has reached the point of political ‘sext’ation. We won’t get into the whole ball of wax, you’ll have to just catch up on your own.
Meanwhile, on the other side of the scandal scale, Baba Ramdev has ended his fast in protest of government corruption (not related to boner twitpics, so far as we know) after 9 days with a trip to the hospital. Which only goes to show, no matter how many millions of fans you have, and how long your Guru beard is, you still need food and water from time to time.
So while the cock fights and controversies continue on, we endeavor to stay true to our intentions and remember what’s really important in life, the Tony Awards of course! Actually, we don’t get that fanatical about overshowy entertainers donning fancy dress, patting themselves on the back over grand performances on televised award shows. We go to kirtan for that! Oh, kidding.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Ink, therefore you art. New York Times Yoga Tattoo Slideshow
- Love lost, but yoga lives on! Here’s a tattoo: J’adore Yoga 4eva. Jason Mraz On Love and Breakup Yoga
- NYC shows us what goes on in our crazy vritti brains. Uh, thanks? It’s a jungle out there! (or IN there) New York’s Interpretive Dance of Citta Vritti at an Intersection (video)
- A welcomed addition to the “Thanks, Science!” files More Good News! Yoga Helps Stroke Survivors Find Balance
- Whooa Yoga Betty, Bam-a-lam January Jones’ Baby Bump ‘N Yoga
- This happened: Swami Ramdev, India’s Corruption Fighting Yoga Super Hero Will Fast Til Death (update: he didn’t die)
- People get pissy over her hotness, but we’re still friends. Jennifer Aniston Vows to Do Yoga and Stay Hot Forever
- This Yogi Bear Will Totally Out-Pose You (photos) Enough said.
Latest Column: Mind-Body Connection Optional? by J. Brown
Introducing our new YogaDork Ed section! YogaDork Ed: Jill Miller Tips On Dynamic Stretching for Shoulders
For the edification of yoga practitioners, teachers and yogi dabblers, on asana, philosophy, yoga biz and more. Stay tuned!