In honor of Judgment Day and the world ending and all we’re doing the recap a wee bit early. Ya know, just in case. Gotta get your yoga news in time!
Whether you’re reading this pre or post rapture, we hope you’ve at least taken the time to enjoy a jolly belly laugh-asana at this 32 Pictures You Need To See Before The World Ends. OMG. a cat. with a permanent top hat! We could die laughing! er…
So what’s the one pose we’d do if the world were about to end? That’s personal. Don’t get fresh! Surely it’d be something of the prostrating sort, naturally (ahem).
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga (End of the World Edition):
- Who knew the Buddha would share his bday week with the Rapture? What You Always Wanted to Know About Buddhas Birthday by Cora Wen
- Damned, if you missed it. But we got you covered. Yoga Journal Conference NYC 2011 Recap – Yoga Masters, Marketers, Seekers, Speakers
- Devil or Angel? Miley Cyrus: Pop Yogi Dancer in Lace (photo)
- Uh oh, is yoga…evil? Plank Prank Turns Deadly, Yogis Need Not Fear!
- Well someone’s going to hell for this 7 Rejected Yoga DVD Titles
- Then we all hop into the OM Delorean! Yoga Time Machine: ‘So-Called Yoga Philosophy’ Makes Headlines in 1908
Yes it’s been a helluva week. We wish you all the most rapturously divine May 21st and 22nd, 2011. See you on the other side!
Plans this weekend besides End of Days Parties? Check out this workshop: Master Iyengar Teacher Kofi Busia – YD Reader Discount!
“That was the best ice-cream soda I ever tasted.”
~~ Comedian Lou Costello’s famous last words. March 3, 1959
This Week In Yoga: Ladies Get Stoned with Conan at John Friend’s Magic Anusaraland