Full moon! We hope you all enjoyed the werewolves and zombies descending at the witching hour! Or whatever your spiritual guide animal. We had an attack of the wicked winds and torrential cats and dogs here in NYC. It reminded us of two things: why it’s useless to even attempt umbrella use at the expense of nylon and metal finding an untimely corpse pose, and why we absolutely lurve the chance to hunker down and get a little home practice in guilt-free. What’s better than you, your mat, a little mood music and some DIY yoga? Tea and a snooze afterward in the comfort of your own home! That’s what. Even Assholetangis would agree. Here’s to do-whatever-you-want-because-you-can-asana. And reading yoga news in your jammies, with or without howling at the moon. Besides, the sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom…
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- How do yogis respond in the face of tragedy? Beyond Donations: How Are We Using Yoga To Heal?
- When yoga transcends who and what we think it “should” be Big Bodies Get ‘Plus-Size’ Yoga
- And if you could win $$ for dropping poundage? Do Yoga, Lose Weight, Win Cash! Local “Biggest Loser” a Healthy Contest?
- More kids + yoga = awesome. Does this mean bathroom graffiti will feature sutras and oms? Schools Divvy Up Funds for Yoga Programs Improving Student Focus, Health and Performance
- Celebriyogi take cover! phew Denise Richards Escapes Tornado Charlie, Does Yoga in Bahamas
- The first in our 5-part series! Study up yogsters Yoga Style Guide: Intro to Ashholetanga + Howmuchlongar
Stay tuned for another week of exciting yoga news and only a few more days of mercury in retrograde!
photo cred: EI.IE photography