It’s a double dose of TWIY! Can we really sum up these past 14 days in a few sentences? Phew, what a ride. The world was rocked yet again by a massive earthquake and tsunami, this time in Japan, and our hearts go out to all those affected by the disaster. Please donate to the Red Cross if you’re so inclined.
And of course, we feel like we’ve been through some sort of time travel worm hole, what with the time change, zipping down to Austin, TX for SXSW and then back again to our own home sweet yoga mat. Looks like we brought the warm sunshiney days back with us – you’re welcome NY!
As if you needed us to tell you it’s been a helluva past two weeks, without further ado…
Here’s What Happened This Week in Yoga x2:
- Guns, Roses and Yoga Mats Slash Auctions Off Antique Tibetan Yoga Mats, Skulls, Top Hat
- 8 limbs? Pfft, how about 140 characters! Yoga Teachers: 10 Tweets Guaranteed to Get You Fired
- Do yoga, slackers! Yoga Traffic Lights!
- Public Display of YogaPop Ke$ha Does Beach Bikini Yoga
- Critics: Shiva Rea Flow ‘Just a Show’
- Shiva Rea: Grow the eff up. (not exact quote)
- Guess! Who Said It: Bikram Choudhury or Charlie Sheen? – A YogaDawg Quiz
- It’s all fun and games! Whiskey-A-Yoga: The Yoga Drinking Game
- Watch it! Daniel “James Bond” Craig Goes Drag for International Womens Day PSA, feat. Judi Dench (video)
- Yoga in motion: Krishnamacharya Does Acro Yoga 1938 (video)
And the moment you’ve been waiting for…the winner of the latest YD Giveaway! drum roll….
Huge congrats to Karen Beth!!!
She’s won the beautiful African Jade Mala from Tiny Devotions!
Thank you all so much for playing our 108 game and offering some of the most inspiring comments yet. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, YD readers rock the shala.
Now go enjoy your weekend! Keep an eye out for the BIG SUPERMOON.
Love to Japan.