Happy Friday! Happy Full Moon! A time for clarity, a time for lotus flowers to unfurl and blossom out of the muck! Did we mention the sun was shining? Oh glory be. Love Day happened, Mother Nature turned up the thermostat and all of a sudden February is busting out all over.
Before we get to it, we’d like to take the time to dedicate this post to Gladys Morris, who passed away last week at the age of 90, just four days before getting word she made it into the Guiness Book of World Records. Om Shanti Madame Morris.
This weekend we invite you to honor Gladys and yourself by tending to your roots, loving yourself like Lady Gaga, dancing like Thom Yorke, coming out swinging like Britney Spears and yoga-ing like nobody’s watching!
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Firstly, we hope you caught the Shakti Shaking Thom Yorke in Radiohead’s latest “Lotus Flower” video
- And when you’re through, let your lotus flowers unfurl for the camera! Are You the Next Top Yoga Journal Cover Model? A Call to Action
- Yoga the new golf? We hope your resume is up to date. Kiss Up to Your Boss With Yoga!
- Maybe you’ll get extra points by studying up with ‘An overly brief and incomplete history of yoga’ Flowchart!
- Or bringing in a tiny yogi! New LG Optimus Phone’s Tiny 3D Yogi Will Teach You Yoga (video)
- What’s a week of yoga news without some sweet science: Relax Momma, Yoga an Aid for Infertility
- And uh, stinging satire? Lululemon Gets Slapped in the Manifesto – A Provoking Parody
Big congrats to our #365 yoga giveaway winner Heidi!