So much happened this week! We are left in varying states of discombobulation and bliss. Obama delivered his State of the Union address, the Northeast states got yet another snowpocalyptic wallop, and “fitness superhero” Jack Lalanne left his bodily state to continue fingertip push-ups in the sky. Whew! Oh, and then we were misquoted in The New York Times, called an imbecile, and left strung out over a longterm relationship. Egads, hello weekend!
Before we move on, allow us to share one of Mr. Lalanne’s wise lessons on life: Don’t worry, be happy. Let’s all stop hanging and sagging, and smile 🙂
Francois Henri “Jack” LaLanne (September 26, 1914 – January 23, 2011)
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Remember when The New York Times wrote about real rebels? A Word On Tara Stiles, The New York Times and Yoga Snobbery
- You would if you meditated every day! Mindful Meditation Increases Brain’s Memory, Reduces Stress in 8 Weeks, Study Says
- Mo’ money, mo’ problems. Make Up or Break Up: Yoga Alliance, What Have You Done for Us Lately?
- You tell us…What kind of imbecile would refer to herself as a “dork”?
- And with a wag of his finger B.K.S. Iyengar Goes Veg for PETA in New Ad
Hey, are you keeping up with #365Yoga? Check out the latest dispatch from Sarah #365Yoga – How are you doing, Dorks?
Other Dorky Doings:
- Groupon record set for Yoga studio. About 8,400 folks cashed in on a $24 for 24 classes deal for growing franchise Yoga Shelter in Bloomfield, MI. We hope they all enjoy tadasana. [The Street]
- This Sunday, January 30th is World Yoga Day. We kid you not. Got big plans? WorldYogaDay.net
- Whatcha doin Saturday night NY yogis? Get your dancing shoes on (er, maybe take them off?) for this yoga+dance+benefit party at Urban Zen. Hosted by Flavorpill, of course, with yoga by Elena Brower, naturally, and chock full of goodies and treats from beats to eats.
It’s a fundraiser to benefit Hope, Help & Relief: Haiti, and pledging more than the $35 door price will get you all kinds of stuff like a membership to YogaWorks and Yogaglo, eco beauty products, and cases of kombucha. Check out the event page at kickstarter for more info. Maybe we’ll see you there!
If you can’t make it to the event and wish to contribute, the kickstarter campaign is open until Wednesday, February 2nd, 8:30pm EST.
~PEACE to Egypt~