Holy ravioli, 2010 is almost over! Whew, what a year. So much has happened in this here yogadorkland we live in. Sure there are lots of ‘best of’ posts to be found round this time, but we figured why not close out the year with a good old fashioned YD poll? And so we hand it over to you, tell us, what was YOUR top yoga story of 2010? VOTE!
Continue below for links. And if you’re feeling extra giving, let us know in the comments what type of posts you’d like to see more of in 2011.
–And our favorite runner up: Yogi Bear Exists!
Did we miss one? Add it in the comments! Along with your 2011 suggestions.
TOP YOGA STORY LINKAGE
Lady Gaga Bikram Babe
- Lady Gaga: Biggest Yoga Endorsement Since Elvis
- Nevermind, Lady Gaga Wears Her Underwear to Yoga Class
John Friend the Yoga Mogul
- John Friend: The Man, The Myth, The ‘Yoga Mogul’
- John Friend’s Official Response to NYTimes ‘Yoga Mogul’ Article – Rebuttal of Falsehoods
Julia Roberts Converts to Hinduism
- Julia Roberts, Hinduism, Yoga All Part of Same American Salad, says Hindu American Foundation Director
- Julia Roberts Converts to Hinduism, Further Complicates Yoga and Hinduism Debate
Eat, Pray, Love Merchandising Mania
- ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ Marketing Overload: Happiness Has a Price Tag
- YogaDork ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ 5-Point Review
Lululemon Camel Toe Gate
Yoga Origins and Hinduism Debate
- Yoga Beef: Deepak Chopra vs. Aseem Shukla on Yoga, Hinduism and Western Egos
- Take Yoga Back! What? Who? Huh?
- Branding Yoga, Branding India: More Commentary on Yoga and Hinduism Connection
Christianity and Yoga, Pastor Mark Driscoll: Yoga is for Demons
- Pastor Mark Driscoll: Yoga is for Demons, and We’re All Going to Hell
- Is Yoga ‘Replacing’ Christianity?
Yoga and Commercialization
- Tara Stiles Launches ‘Slim, Calm, Sexy’ Yoga to Acclaim, Insult, Revolt (see marketing)
- Are Yoga Ads Too Sexy? Have Your Say on Judith Lasater vs Yoga Journal, ToeSox Nudegate
India Patent Police Move to Protect Yoga From Pirates
NY Yogis Beat State Regulation Threat
- Latest Update: Victory as Gov. Paterson Signs Bill Exempting Yoga From State Licensing, Fees, Headaches
- What Do YOU Want from Yoga Alliance? Notes from Meeting with President John Matthews
Manly Yoga, Yoga For Men
- Dudes Doing Yoga, Happy To See Us
- Special Report: Hey, So Guys Do Yoga Too
- Manly Yoga: The Four F’s of Male Yogaphobia
Aspen Yoga Teacher Convicted, Must Register as Sex offender
- Yoga Crime Update: Graspin’ Aspen Sentenced to Jail Time and Fines
- Good Touch, Bad Touch: Gurus, Power, and Adjusting vs. Groping on the Yoga Mat
This is a great idea. I guess I am biased when I say that BizeeBee was launched to help studios simplify their business.
Eat. Love. Pray was my vote as 2010 seems to take me through a lot of adventures, meeting amazing people as well making the journey the focus over just the destination.
I’ve enjoy the YD does yoga school series – keep it up for 2011
Hi Dork, I am glad to see my fav story is the one getting the most votes, I was so surprised by the video of the Reverend calling yoga demonic I even wrote an open letter to him http://earthyogi.blogspot.com/2010/10/3-things-i-would-say-to-pastor-mark.html
This is really simple method to get free robux online at http://myrobuxroblox.com/