It’s officially “the holidays!” Happy times. ‘Tis the season to be giving, sharing and debating the origins of yoga. Mazel Tov! Namaste! Hallelujah! Ah yes, we have come to December, the season of light and deep dish discounts on gifts for all your favorite yogis. Need a guide? ahem, we should have our YD Holiday Gift Guide 2010 swinging in a few days. Until then, feast your peppermint latte’d eyes on the news from this past week.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Take Yoga Back! Campaign who? what? huh?
- Further reading: Branding Yoga, Branding India: More Commentary on Yoga and Hinduism Connection. Stefanie Syman, Mark Singleton, Deepak Chopra, Hindu American Foundation co-founder, Suhag A. Shukla, Esq.
- Wipe that face off your head! Facelifts OUT, Face Yoga IN!
- Paging Don Draper…put down the scotch! Yoga In Advertising: Serving the “Mad Men” Niche
- Yogi and Boo Boo hadn’t made their rounds to this mama yet. Yoga Saves Woman From Bear!
- Love it or hate it… there’s conscious yogafied hip-hop ‘Practice’, New Track from Yogi Rapper Dylpostino and JetTricks,
- NYC “art” or something else…“Peace Offering” Yoga, the video. Love, NYC
- Jai Uttal’s First Official Music Video “Down On My Knees”
- Madonna opens her Hard Candy gym! With(supposedly) a yoga room with an Iyengar rope wall! Too bad it’s in Mexico. [via Well+Good]
- What if you auditioned for a super high flying yoga studio and then your critiques were publsihed in a mass email to other local teachers? Write a letter! Demand an apology! Then breathe. [Since You Asked… at Salon.com]
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School the Red and Green Edition!