Y-O-G-A Yoga Yoga Yoga! Hi team, you lovely 3% of Americans who practice, and some other probably awesome percentage of yogadorks abroad (sorry, we don’t have exact numbers). We’re all family right? CyberSangha ho! Now that it’s steadily creeping towards Holiday hysteria, we’d like to take this opportunity, a brief time out, to give thanks to the amazing virtual community we consider ourselves honored to be a part of right here on YD, on twitter and on facebook. Y’all are the cat/cow’s meow. And we’re even talking about Lady Gaga in her underwear. One love.
On that note, don’t forget to find your own pause button, maybe even for gratitude, and participate in the Stop, Meditate & Listen 365 Hour Challenge. Just 145ish hours left!
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga: Huddle up…
- MUST READ: Has Yoga Alliance got you miffed? Wondering what they actually do? Thinking Yoga Alliance what? who? Hear new President John Matthews defend himself, and lay all that gray area right out on the gray table. Notes from Meeting with President John Matthews!
- East Coast yippies rejoice! Get your Birkenstocks ready now, it’s Wanderlust VT 2011.
- Can there really ever be too many yoga studios? Still 200 million+ people left to try the practice! Fitter. Happier. More Productive. Yoga Glut?
- If you’re happy and you know it you’re probably on the right track. Are You Happy? Don’t Worry, Be Present! New Study Says
- In the not-so-happy news dept we give you the latest Yoga Crime update: Graspin’ Aspen Sentenced to Jail Time and Fines
- Oh and you know the yogapreneur who owns a small island in Scotland, has a 24 hour yoga channel and says homosexuality is a defect? Yeah, well uh, he’s still causing a ruckus. Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev: Shoot Dead the Corrupt Politicians
More Team News:
- So that Ramdev fella, he’s gifting 50,000 high bred cows to Nepal “to be used for acquiring dung and urine for the proposed drug company which can, with the aid of the cows, produce up to 22 litres of milk per day.” [read more]
- Check out YogaCityNYC for a thorough recap of the Yoga for NY meeting with Yoga Alliance captain John Matthews. [read more]
- Apparently it’s the yoga that keeps impossibly hot duo Posh Spice and David Beckham together, not the incredible hotness. Who knew? [read more]
Enjoy the weekend!
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!