Yes. And if you think horse asana and Lady Gaga’s underwear mentioned in the same sentence is weird, you obviously haven’t been to any of her concerts!
Oh, we kid the Gag and equiyogis. Seriously though, what a funky week for celebriyogi news, even Mr. Ed is taking part. We just hope they’ll consider joining in on our new Stop, Meditate & Listen: 365 Hour Challenge.
What does it take to make you stop and pause? Did we just hear you say horse asana?
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Breaking! Lady YogaPop wears underwear to yoga class! Oh yeah, this Lady Goga Bikram bootie panty party is completely ridiculous, but we’re pretty excited about beating the Daily Mail to the punch. Points for ‘frilly knickers’ though. Touche. Nevermind, Lady Gaga Wears Her Underwear to Yoga Class
- Gavin Rossdale gets yogarazzied! IN class all sweaty and mid-water break. Can’t the lead singer of 90s band Bush, husband of Gwen Stefani, endure his torture in peace? (identification clarity dedicated to Linda). Celebriyogi Obsessed? Gavin Rossdale Snapped Shirtless IN Yoga Class!
- Hide your fruit and your presidents! Hanuman’s monkey army is a real menace to Indian society while trying to drink President Obama’s juice on his visit to New Delhi earlier this week. Hanuman Monkey Army Menaces Obama On Trip to India
- Giddy up! Ever yoga’ed bareback? Yoga with Horses! The Wild World of the Moving Yoga Mat
- Ready for the pre pre holiday challenge? What Would Guruji Do?
Bringing Up the Rear:
- More good yoga and brain studies! At Wellesley College, Iyengar Yoga gets the experimental treatment. “GABA is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain,” said Dr. Chris Streeter, associate professor at BU Medical School and lead researcher on the project. “It’s low in people who are depressed, and if you treat that depression, GABA levels go up.” [read more]
- This yoga thing may be a sticking trend, says the Health and Wellness Trend Report 2011, along with that whole “wellness” fad. [read more]
- Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner would agree, with about $1,000 worth of stock in “trendy yoga clothing retailer” Lululemon. Who gave him the tip? His yoga-loving daughter. Maybe yoga will save the world after all! [read more]
Have a loverly weekend!
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!