Happy Halloween! Tricks or Treats? In yoga we get both, right? Practice can be a real trickster, and dang, it can be scary, too! But, ultimately we enjoy the ooey gooey treats of our efforts. And this kind of sweetness won’t give you a belly ache, or diabeetus, and you don’t even have to be a kid, or dress up (though you might if you want to win fun stuff), or traipse around the neighborhood dragging a heavy sack to gather the goodies. It’s already there for you! Just breathe, and maybe your zombie yoga brains will change for the good. Candy corn triangle pose, anyone?
Here’s What Happened Week In Yoga:
- It’s Exorcist Yoga! Plus, we’ve got the Top 5 Yoga Tips for Horror Movies. Pinhead could use some practice, no?
- Hey hey! Scientists are cooking up some freaky yoga experiments in the labs. They may need your brains. New Studies in Neuroscience Show Meditation Positively Changes Your Brain
- Read this and scare away any trace of evil demons. Matthew Sanford, Paralyzed Yoga Teacher Inspires Disabled, and Everyone Else
- Parker Posey + Yoga + Chicken Farm + Improv = New Indie Comedy we’d be terrified to miss!
- For the sweet toothers, get your buns to Madonna’s ‘Hard Candy’ Fitness Centers, Sweet Yoga Included
- Twisted and contorted? Stacked like a skeleton? Dead as a doornail? Yoga Class Sequencing: What’s Your Flavor?
- The ghosts of yoga sweep into China! Yoga ‘Debuts’ in China with Gov Authorized Art of Living Ashram
Are you dressing up? DON’T FORGET to snap pics for the YogaDork Halloween Contest! Dress Up, Yoga, Win Fun Stuff!
Other Interweb Yogi Treats:
- Yoga helps Multiple Sclerosis patients connect with their bodies to find flexibility and relief.
Don Loughran was diagnosed five years ago at age 40 with a more aggressive form of MS. He says yoga is one of the many approaches he’s using to help slow the disease’s progression. “Multiple sclerosis has affected me mentally, spiritually and emotionally. For yoga, it helps me develop my mind, body and soul,” says Loughran.
[Read more at NY1.com]
- Baba Ramdev gets the Bollywood treatment! Rumored to play everyone’s favorite yogapreneur of the East is Indian movie star Sanjay Dutt. We were thinking more like Benicio Del Toro. In any case, Bikram’s going to be so pissed. [Read more OneIndia]
Great blog, YD. You are one of the most clever writers I know!
Yoou can definitely see your enthusiasm within the work
you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to sayy how they believe.
Always follow your heart.
Howdy great blog! Does running a blog such as this take a massive amount work?
I have no expertise in computer programming but I had been hoping
to start myy own blog in the near future. Anyhow, should you havve any recommendations or tils for new blog owners please share.
I know this is off subject but I just had to ask.
Thank you guys