And then we all got super rich and lived happily ever after in our samadhi huts! Kicking back, sipping nectar of the gods through designer yogi straws, which were churned through mass production and became a runaway hit at $175 a pop. Great success! Or maybe we shunned commercialization in the name of aparigraha and became greed-fighting Booty Ballet blasting Yoga Saviors! It’s been that kind of week.
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Have you entered to win 27 Things To Know About Yoga? go now! or at the very least read the most inspiring comments ever.
- Yoga Saves! But Who Will Save Yoga?
- Russell Simmons is Super Rich! And a yogi. He’s going to make sure you’re aware of that, in every form of media possible. [read more]
- India opens a new digitally-interactive yoga museum…Is there a Wii? [read more]
- Laughter Yoga Break: Sesame Street’s Old Spice Ad Spoof, With Grover! (video)
- Is that your Spider-Man pose or are you just happy to see us? Golf Pro Does Naked Yoga for ESPN “Body Issue”
- Yoga Super Powers! Huzzah! Relief! Science Finds Yoga to Greatly Improve Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Been reading about YD’s journey through Yoga School? Catch up on the latest entry: Week 14: Karma Awakening, Spirituality and Finding Purpose in Cheesus
Other Money in the Bank:
- Chris Biggins was shocked by her diagnosis of Stage 3 breast cancer. Others have been shocked by her strength, with great thanks to yoga: “I did it by myself, I just walked in, and did it,” she said. “But when I went home, I was able to put the dishes away, and I thought, oh my God, it gave me some energy. I found my spirit again.” [read more]
- Do you follow Canadian football? We don’t either, but seeing the Toronto Argonauts tackle yoga would at least get you curious, eh? [read more]
- Oh hey, remember Baba Ramdev? He’s the mega-yogapreneur pranayama-ing mastermind, who may join politics in 2 years. No biggie. [read more]
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!
This Week In Yoga: It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…It’s
that UPC code bar for yoga says it all…..
I had never heard of Ayurveda until recently, when I discovered a book called Foods Heal. I highly recommend it: Feel Your Best Everyday!