It’s a new moon! Rejoice! Whatever that means for you, let it mark a new awakening to life, love, happiness, laughter at YogaDawg getting naked for Bud! Seriously, if you’ve been feeling the tug of cosmic frustration like an astronomical pain the asana, we feel you. Hang in there. Just take a good glance up at the sky and see if you can’t find your perspective back here down on Earthly ground. Maybe some of you folks in the countryside can take in some of that extra celestial magic for us. (image above via gizmodo depicting visibility difference between the city and rural sky)
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- Here we go again…anti-yoga evangelism? Is Yoga ‘Replacing’ Christianity?
- DON’T call them titans. TITANS of Yoga Producer Responds to TITAN-ness, Criticism
- Yoga Comes Alive! Yoga Spectacular Opens Commonwealth Games in India, Next Up Super Bowl?
- Tell your friends. Special Report: Hey, So Guys Do Yoga Too
- Hup-2-3-4 Yoga Helps When We Get Sore (and suffer from PTSD) Army Yoga Gets Serious About Strength and Stress Relief
- Awkward! Oh, 60s. Mad Men “Yogi” Moment (video)
- What’s that in my soup? Yoga? How Sublime Is Your Chutney? NYC’s Yoga Dosa
More Cyberspacey UYO’s:
- Leonardo DiCaprio attempts yoga and/more mocks Naomi Campbell’s boyfriend. You decide. [Daily Mail]
- Treehugger has a handy guide on choosing eco yoga mats. [read more]
- The New York Times says people in NY are like ‘eff that, who needs a mat?’
- Or maybe we should get pink and purple ones, as Ann Pizer suggests, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month! [about.com]
Have a loverly weekend!
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!