And that’s a wrap! National Yoga Month 2010 has come to a close, but it doesn’t mean we have to lose our team spirit! What did you learn or experience that will continue to be a part of your yoga practice? A new favorite pose? A semi-regular home practice? (hey we know how tough that can be) What to get your beer-chugging anti-yogi boyfriend? As September ends and October sets us up for the onslaught of holiday madness, take this moment to breathe a great big sigh of serenity. Bottoms up! (we mean sirsasana. of course!)
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- ‘Yo Yoga’ is dope. Check the videos for fly garudasana. [read more]
- The Giants love yoga! You can too. [read more]
- Is yoga taking over hip hop? Listen to the new single from emcee Jesse Abraham. [read more]
- Feeling salty after yoga class? How bout a nice cold one. OR a beer yoga mat! [read more]
- WATCH: This adorable Yoga for Wine Lovers animation
- DO: Yoga with Elena Brower next Thurs. Oct 7! Help support Bent On Learning bring yoga to NYC school kids!
Other Yoga Bubblies
- Cambridge, Mass. parking tickets have yoga instructions! But some Christian folks are feeling a little slighted because their religious symbols aren’t allowed. [read more ChristianNewswire.com]
- Dahn update! Two key claims in the lawsuits against Dahn Yoga leader Ilchi Lee by former employees have been dismissed in Arizona court. [read more]
- Shameful DC Man Joins Yuppie Cult [read more at Wonkette]
Enjoy the weekend!
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!
So “Yo’s” is the plural of “Yo,” but “Bros” is the plural of “Bro”?
Pretty good week, huh?