And that’s a wrap! National Yoga Month 2010 has come to a close, but it doesn’t mean we have to lose our team spirit! What did you learn or experience that will continue to be a part of your yoga practice? A new favorite pose? A semi-regular home practice? (hey we know how tough that can be) What to get your beer-chugging anti-yogi boyfriend? As September ends and October sets us up for the onslaught of holiday madness, take this moment to breathe a great big sigh of serenity. Bottoms up! (we mean sirsasana. of course!)
Here’s What Happened This Week In Yoga:
- ‘Yo Yoga’ is dope. Check the videos for fly garudasana. [read more]
- The Giants love yoga! You can too. [read more]
- Is yoga taking over hip hop? Listen to the new single from emcee Jesse Abraham. [read more]
- Feeling salty after yoga class? How bout a nice cold one. OR a beer yoga mat! [read more]
- WATCH: This adorable Yoga for Wine Lovers animation
- DO: Yoga with Elena Brower next Thurs. Oct 7! Help support Bent On Learning bring yoga to NYC school kids!
Other Yoga Bubblies
- Cambridge, Mass. parking tickets have yoga instructions! But some Christian folks are feeling a little slighted because their religious symbols aren’t allowed. [read more ChristianNewswire.com]
- Dahn update! Two key claims in the lawsuits against Dahn Yoga leader Ilchi Lee by former employees have been dismissed in Arizona court. [read more]
- Shameful DC Man Joins Yuppie Cult [read more at Wonkette]
Enjoy the weekend!
Remember to check back for another installment of YD Goes to Yoga School!