Nothing to do this weekend? If you got all hyped up for summer over Memorial Day weekend, but haven’t actually made any plans, here’s a little helper, in case your couch didn’t come with an ejection seat…
where: Hotel New Yorker (at 8th Avenue and 34th Street)
when: Friday, May 29th through Sunday, May 31st, 2009.
what: Raw food and yoga galore!
cost: three-day pass is $30 in advance ($35 at the door) or $15 each day advance ($20 at the door).
For tix and full sched go to NY Yoga & Raw Food Expo or call 516-897-0900
- An appearance by Swami Bua, America’s oldest living yogi – reported to be 120 years old – who just returned from India.
- An appearance by the “grandfather of living foods,” Viktoras Kulvinskas.
- Raw cuisine by Kwatamani, Florida’s top raw food chef.
- Exhibit hall and market place.
- Unlimited yoga classes and wellness lectures.
- 50% off all books at the Expo’s New Age Bookstore.
- Live entertainment Saturday night.
MaMapalooza – part of Summer on the Hudson
where: Riverside Park So. (On the pier. Entrance at West 68th St)
when: Sunday 5/31, noon-5pm but show up early for 11am yoga
what: It’s a total Momfest with music, food, play tents! Pure sponsored Yoga-Thon at 11am – bring your own mat! Pure gift bags to the first 200 attendees.
cost: FREE, besides being swarmed by table marketers, but you know, free!
More info at http://www.mamapalooza.com/newyorkcity.html
After that you’re on your own! Let’s all cross our yogi toes for sunshine. Or you could just chill like this guy.